I would like to thank Reg of She Latitude for tagging me to do The Blogger Recognition Award.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself!
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
STORY OF MY BLOG
I was born to be a blogger. I started blogging when I was in second year high school and that was in the year 2010. At first, I was a personal blogger on Tumblr. I post stuff about myself, but not too private stuff, and then I deactivated that blog. During 2012 I decided to start blogging again so, I made a new blog on Tumblr. That time I post articles and essays. Then I decided to deactivate it again. Just this year I created What El Read.
I made this blog because I love books. Always have, always will. I needed a place to post my reviews and my thoughts as one, hence, What El Read. My blog was originally entitled The Bookishdamselle which is both my Instagram & Twitter username. I got the idea of What El Read from one of the books I enjoyed reading which is The Allure of Julian Lefray.
Given my history of deactivating blogs, I am certain that I will never do it to my book blog because it’s been a part of my life now. I want this blog to be with me as I journey through life. I want to remember a book because I read it when I was down, or angry, or happy, or whatever I’m feeling.
ADVICE TO NEW BLOGGERS
I, myself, is a new blogger so let advice you what I keep on telling myself:
- Make new friends. You are a blogger in the first place so you have to socialize with other bloggers. If you agree with their review, show your appreciation to them. One of the best things that happened to me is gaining friends in the bookish community. It feels so good that you want to meet them in person but you know that it is impossible because we are all from different countries.
- Blog to express, not to impress. I know that that is so cliche, but it is true. Blog for yourself. Write what you feel and think, don’t copy other people’s review just so you can wow your readers.
TAG, YOU’RE IT,